The Alliance regularly receives updates from members regarding conferences being held by their organization or in their region. Below is a listing of conferences taking place around the world on topics relevant to the social service workforce. To add your conference to this list, please send us information by using this form.
March 27 – 30, 2017
- The Institutionalizing Community Health Conference will take place in Johannesburg, South Africa.
April 11 – 15, 2017
- The National Association of Black Social Workers 49th Annual Conference will take place in National Harbor, Maryland, USA.
April 17, 2017
- The 34th Annual Social Work Day at the United Nations will be held in New York, New York, USA.
April 20 – 21, 2017
- The Core Group Global Health Practitioner Conference will take place in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
April 26, 2017
- The British Association of Social Workers Annual Conference will be held in Liverpool.
May 3 – 4, 2017
- The 2017 Annual SASPEN Conference will be held on the theme "Inclusion, Integration and Transformation: Social Protection for Persons with Disabilities" in Johannesburg, South Africa.
May 3 – 5, 2017
- 2017 OVC Applied Research & Best Practice Symposium will be held on May 3, followed by the Christian Alliance for Orphans Summit May 4 & 5, in Nashville, Tennessee.
May 24, 2017
- The Alliance will hold the 4th Annual Social Service Workforce Symposium on the topic of case management in Washington, DC, and via live webcast. More details coming soon.
May 25 – 28, 2017
- The 29th annual U.S. Conference on Social Work and HIV/AIDS will take place in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
May 28 – 30, 2017
- The IFSW European Conference 2017 is being organized in Reykjavik, Iceland.
June 7 – 8, 2017
- SIRCC Annual Conference on the theme of "Pushing the boundaries: Challenging convention, custom and culture in residential child care" will take place in Glasgow, Scotland.
June 7 – 9, 2017
- Millersville University School of Social Work Learning Institute 4th Annual Global Well-Being and Social Change Conference will be held in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA on the topic of 'Children's Rights: Building Resilience, Protecting from Harm, and Fostering Well-Being Among Our World's Children.'
June 12 – 15, 2017
- Social Protection: Policies, Programmes and Evidence Short Course is being held by the Institute of Development Studies in Brighton, United Kingdom.
June 14 – 16, 2017
- The Network for Social Work Management's annual conference will take place in New York, New York, USA.
June 14 – 16, 2017
- Pathways to Resilience IV: Global South Perspectives conference is being planned for Cape Town, South Africa.
June 25 – 28, 2017
The Social Workers Association of Zambia will host the 3rd Africa Regional Joint Conference on Social Work Education and Social Development in Livingstone, Zambia. The event is organized in collaboration with the International Federation of Social Workers Africa (IFSW Africa) and the Association of Schools of Social Work in Africa (ASSWA).
June 26 – 30, 2017
- 13th Biennial Conference of Caribbean and International Social Work Educators Conference will take place in Kingston, Jamaica on the topic of 'Social Work Education, Policy and Practice: Engaging People, Challenging Structures, Advancing Sustainable Development.' Send an email to join the mailing list for more information.
June 27 – 29, 2017
- EASSW Social Work Education in Europe: Challenging boundaries, promoting a sustainable future conference is planned for Paris, France.
June 28 – 30, 2017
- Children in a World of Opportunities: Innovations in research, policy and practice conference planned for Quebec, Montreal, Canada.
July 4 – 6, 2017
- The National Association of Child Care Workers Biennial Conference will take place in Kimberley, South Africa.
July 23 – 26, 2017
- 9th International AIDS Society Conference is being planned for Paris, France.
September 4 – 6, 2017
- The Regional Psychosocial Support Forum Initiative (REPSSI) Forum will be held in Arusha, Tanzania.
October 1 – 4, 2017
- ISPCAN will host their 15th European Regional Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect in The Hague, Netherlands.
October 3 – 6, 2017
- The International Step by Step Association will host its annual conference in Ghent, Belgium on the theme "Local Responses, Global Advances: Towards Competent Early Childhood Systems."
October 19 – 22, 2017
- The Council on Social Work Education will host their 63rd Annual Program Meeting under the theme "Educating for the Social Work Grand Challenges" in Dallas, Texas, USA.
October 25 – 29, 2017
- The Asia-Pacific Joint Regional Social Work Conference will take place in Shenzhen, China.
November 13 – 17, 2017
- The 4th Global Forum on Human Resources for Health will be held in Dublin, Ireland.
July 4 – 7, 2018
- Social Work, Education and Social Development 2018 Conference: Environmental and Community Sustainability - Human Solutions in an Evolving Society is being planned for Dublin, Ireland.
July 22 – 27, 2018
- AIDS2018 is being planned for Amsterdam, Netherlands.