The Alliance regularly receives updates from members regarding conferences being held by their organization or in their region. Below is a listing of conferences taking place around the world on topics relevant to the social service workforce. To add your conference to this list, please send us information by using this form.
May 1 – 7, 2017
- Celebrate and participate in Child and Youth Care Worker Week. Download materials from the Ontario Association of Child and Youth Care Workers to get involved.
May 3 – 4, 2017
- The 2017 Annual SASPEN Conference will be held on the theme "Inclusion, Integration and Transformation: Social Protection for Persons with Disabilities" in Johannesburg, South Africa.
May 3 – 5, 2017
- 2017 OVC Applied Research & Best Practice Symposium will be held on May 3, followed by the Christian Alliance for Orphans Summit May 4 & 5, in Nashville, Tennessee.
May 11, 2017
- Thank a Youth Care Worker Day. Download materials to share your appreciation and get involved.
May 24, 2017
- The Alliance will hold the 4th Annual Social Service Workforce Symposium on the topic of case management in Washington, DC, and via live webcast. More details coming soon.
May 25 – 28, 2017
- The 29th annual U.S. Conference on Social Work and HIV/AIDS will take place in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
May 28 – 30, 2017
- The IFSW European Conference 2017 is being organized in Reykjavik, Iceland.
June 1, 2017
- Association for Child & Youth Care Practice, Inc., 2017 Annual Conference will take place at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, USA.
June 1 – 2, 2017
- The 2017 Ontario Association of Child and Youth Care Conference will be held in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
June 1 – 2, 2017
- The 2017 Child & Youth Care Provincial Conference will take place in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
June 5 – 10, 2017
- VIII Congreso Internactional de Trabajo Social, X Congreso Nacional de Trabajo Social Y IV Congreso Nacional E Internacional de Rehabilitacion Sociocupacional, La Habana, Cuba
June 7 – 8, 2017
- SIRCC Annual Conference on the theme of "Pushing the boundaries: Challenging convention, custom and culture in residential child care" will take place in Glasgow, Scotland.
June 7 – 9, 2017
- Millersville University School of Social Work Learning Institute 4th Annual Global Well-Being and Social Change Conference will be held in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA on the topic of 'Children's Rights: Building Resilience, Protecting from Harm, and Fostering Well-Being Among Our World's Children.'
June 12 – 13, 2017
- Global Conference on Children on the Move will take place in Berlin, Germany.
June 12 – 15, 2017
- Social Protection: Policies, Programmes and Evidence Short Course is being held by the Institute of Development Studies in Brighton, United Kingdom.
June 14 – 16, 2017
- The Network for Social Work Management's annual conference will take place in New York, New York, USA.
June 14 – 16, 2017
- Pathways to Resilience IV: Global South Perspectives conference is being planned for Cape Town, South Africa.
June 25 – 28, 2017
The Social Workers Association of Zambia will host the 3rd Africa Regional Joint Conference on Social Work Education and Social Development in Livingstone, Zambia. The event is organized in collaboration with the International Federation of Social Workers Africa (IFSW Africa) and the Association of Schools of Social Work in Africa (ASSWA).
June 26 – 30, 2017
- 13th Biennial Conference of Caribbean and International Social Work Educators Conference will take place in Kingston, Jamaica on the topic of 'Social Work Education, Policy and Practice: Engaging People, Challenging Structures, Advancing Sustainable Development.' Send an email to join the mailing list for more information.
June 27 – 29, 2017
- EASSW Social Work Education in Europe: Challenging boundaries, promoting a sustainable future conference is planned for Paris, France.
June 28 – 30, 2017
- Children in a World of Opportunities: Innovations in research, policy and practice conference planned for Quebec, Montreal, Canada.
July 4 – 6, 2017
- The National Association of Child Care Workers Biennial Conference will take place in Kimberley, South Africa.
July 23 – 26, 2017
- 9th International AIDS Society Conference is being planned for Paris, France.
September 4 – 6, 2017
- The Regional Psychosocial Support Forum Initiative (REPSSI) Forum will be held in Arusha, Tanzania.
September 14, 2017
- The Global Health Mini-University will be held at George Washington University in Washington, DC.
October 1 – 4, 2017
- ISPCAN will host their 15th European Regional Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect in The Hague, Netherlands.
October 3 – 6, 2017
- The International Step by Step Association will host its annual conference in Ghent, Belgium on the theme "Local Responses, Global Advances: Towards Competent Early Childhood Systems."
October 8 – 12, 2017
- The 5th Global Symposium on Health Systems Research will be held in Liverpool, United Kingdom, under the theme "Advancing health systems for all in the SDG era."
October 19 – 22, 2017
- The Council on Social Work Education will host their 63rd Annual Program Meeting under the theme "Educating for the Social Work Grand Challenges" in Dallas, Texas, USA.
October 23 – 25, 2017
- The Putting Children First: Identifying solutions and taking action to tackle poverty and inequality in Africa conference will take place in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
October 25 – 29, 2017
- The Asia-Pacific Joint Regional Social Work Conference will take place in Shenzhen, China.
November 13 – 17, 2017
- The 4th Global Forum on Human Resources for Health will be held in Dublin, Ireland.
February 22 – 24, 2018
The International Conference on Social Pedagogy and Social Education: Bridging Traditions and Innovations will take place at Universidad Autónoma de Puebla in Puebla, Mexico.
July 4 – 7, 2018
- Social Work, Education and Social Development 2018 Conference: Environmental and Community Sustainability - Human Solutions in an Evolving Society is being planned for Dublin, Ireland.
July 22 – 27, 2018
- AIDS2018 is being planned for Amsterdam, Netherlands.