The Alliance regularly receives updates from members regarding conferences being held by their organization or in their region. Below is a listing of conferences taking place around the world on topics relevant to the social service workforce. To add your conference to this list, please send us information by using this form.
June 26 – 28, 2017
The Social Workers Association of Zambia will host the 3rd Africa Regional Joint Conference on Social Work Education and Social Development in Livingstone, Zambia. The event is organized in collaboration with the International Federation of Social Workers Africa (IFSW Africa) and the Association of Schools of Social Work in Africa (ASSWA). The Alliance is hosting panel presentations on the topics of case management and advocacy and will also have a booth at the conference. Stop by to meet Alliance staff and learn more.
June 26 - 28, 2017
The European Social Services Conference on Transforming lives through innovation and techology organized by the European Social Network (ESN) will take place in Valletta, Malta.
June 26 – 30, 2017
- 13th Biennial Conference of Caribbean and International Social Work Educators Conference will take place in Kingston, Jamaica on the topic of 'Social Work Education, Policy and Practice: Engaging People, Challenging Structures, Advancing Sustainable Development.' Send an email to join the mailing list for more information.
June 27 – 29, 2017
- EASSW Social Work Education in Europe: Challenging boundaries, promoting a sustainable future conference is planned for Paris, France.
June 28 – 30, 2017
- Children in a World of Opportunities: Innovations in research, policy and practice conference planned for Quebec, Montreal, Canada.
July 4 – 6, 2017
- The National Association of Child Care Workers Biennial Conference will take place in Kimberley, South Africa.
July 23 – 26, 2017
- 9th International AIDS Society Conference is being planned for Paris, France.
September 4 – 6, 2017
- The Regional Psychosocial Support Forum Initiative (REPSSI) Forum will be held in Arusha, Tanzania. Alliance Ambassadors, Alliance staff and colleagues from 4Children will present on topics related to the social service workforce and case management and advocacy.
September 14, 2017
- The Global Health Mini-University will be held at George Washington University in Washington, DC.
October 1 – 4, 2017
- ISPCAN will host their 15th European Regional Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect in The Hague, Netherlands.
October 3 – 6, 2017
- The International Step by Step Association will host its annual conference in Ghent, Belgium on the theme "Local Responses, Global Advances: Towards Competent Early Childhood Systems."
October 8 – 12, 2017
- The 5th Global Symposium on Health Systems Research will be held in Liverpool, United Kingdom, under the theme "Advancing health systems for all in the SDG era."
October 19 – 22, 2017
- The Council on Social Work Education will host their 63rd Annual Program Meeting under the theme "Educating for the Social Work Grand Challenges" in Dallas, Texas, USA.
October 23 – 25, 2017
- The Putting Children First: Identifying solutions and taking action to tackle poverty and inequality in Africa conference will take place in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
October 25 – 29, 2017
- The Asia-Pacific Joint Regional Social Work Conference will take place in Shenzhen, China.
November 8 – 15, 2017
- The International Youth Worker Symposium will be held Playa Paradiso, Mexico.
November 13 – 17, 2017
- The 4th Global Forum on Human Resources for Health will be held in Dublin, Ireland.
February 22 – 24, 2018
- The International Conference on Social Pedagogy and Social Education: Bridging Traditions and Innovations will take place at Universidad Autónoma de Puebla in Puebla, Mexico.
April 15 – 17, 2017
- The 5th Global Service-Learning Summit: Dignity and Justice will be held at the University of Notre Dame in Indiana, USA.
July 4 – 7, 2018
- Social Work, Education and Social Development 2018 Conference: Environmental and Community Sustainability - Human Solutions in an Evolving Society is being planned for Dublin, Ireland.
July 22 – 27, 2018
- AIDS2018 is being planned for Amsterdam, Netherlands.