Not yet a member of the Alliance? Learn more and join a network of your peers here.
The Alliance regularly receives updates from members regarding conferences being held by their organization or in their region. Below is a listing of conferences taking place around the world on topics relevant to the social service workforce. To add your conference to this list, please send us information by using this form.
May 7, 2019
- The Global Social Service Workforce Alliance's Annual Symposium will be held in Washington, DC, and live webcast. View the full agenda and register now.
April 24 – 26, 2019
- The National Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect will take place in Washington, DC.
May 1 – 4, 2019
- Savannah, Georgia, USA, will be the site of the 43rd Annual Conference of the National Association of Perinatal Social Workers.
May 8 – 10, 2019
- The Christian Alliance for Orphans annual conference will take place in Louisville, Kentucky, USA.
May 8 –10, 2019
- An International Social Work Conference is being organized by the Institute of Social Work in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
May 16, 2019
- The CELCIS Education Conference 2019 theme will be 'Positive educational journeys for children and young people with care experience' and take place in Glasgow, Scotland.
May 15 – 17, 2019
- The 26th Annual US Foster Care Conference will be held in St. Petersburg, Florida, USA.
May 21, 2019
- Contemporary Challenges to Social Professions - the Case for Social Pedagogy as a Meaningful Perspective conference will take place in Ghent, Belgium.
May 29 – 30, 2019
- Prevent, Find, Link and Retain: The Essential Role of OVC Programming in HIV Epidemic Control. The conference is being organized by 4Children and OVC Task Force, to be held in Washington, DC.
May 29 – May 31, 2019
- The Network for Social Work Management has annouced that their 2019 conference will take place in Chicago, Illinois, USA. The Alliance will be presenting a workshop on advocacy tools to support strengthening the social service workforce on May 30.
May 29 – June 1, 2019
- The Future of Family Justice: International Innovations conference will be held in Toronto, Canada.
June 4 – 6, 2019
- The World Anti-Bullying Forum will be held in Dublin, Ireland.
June 5 – 7, 2019
- The 27th European Social Services Conference will be held in Milan, Italy.
June 12 – 13, 2019
- The BE THE CHANGE! Partnering to improve the transition from alternative care to independent living conference is being planned for Bucharest, Romania.
June 18 – 19, 2019
- The ISSA Conference has been announced for 2019 to be held in Leiden, the Netherlands.
June 27 – 28, 2019
- The Change and Innovation for a Better World: The Future of Social Work Profession conference will take place in Hong Kong
July 2 – 4, 2019
- The National Association of Child Care Workers 22nd Bi-Annual Conference & 4th CYC Net World Conference will take place in Durban, South Africa. The Alliance will be live webcasting a panel plenary session on July 3 at 14:00 SA, as well as conducting a workshop and hosting a booth.
August 20 – 21, 2019
- The 2019 National Child Welfare Evaluation Summit: Leveraging Data and Evaluation to Strengthen Families and Promote Well-Being will be held in Washington, DC.
August 27 – 29, 2019
- The 2019 Regional Psychosocial Support (REPSSI) Forum will take place in Windhoek, Namibia.
August 27 –30, 2019
- The 32nd Annual US Independent Living Conference will be held in Orlando, Florida, USA.
September 10 – 12, 2019
- The 3rd International Conference on Case Management will take place in Nottingham, United Kingdom.
September 8 – 11, 2019
- The IFSW Europe Conference will be held in Vienna, Austria, on the theme social protection and human dignity.
September 15 – 17, 2019
- CELCIS will host the 5th Biennial Global Implementation Conference in Glasgow, Scotland
September 18 – 20, 2019
- The 25th Annual Asia Pacific Social Work Conference will be held in Bengaluru, India, and jointly organized by IFSW and local associations and organizations.
October 24 – 27, 2019
- The Council on Social Work Education's annual meeting will take place in Denver, Colorado, USA.
October 25, 2019
- The Irish Association of Social Workers' 7th National Child Protection and Welfare Social Work Conference will take place in Cork, Ireland, on the theme of 'Children Protection and Welfare Social Work Practice: What’s Your Vision?'
October 29 – 31, 2019
- The IFSW Africa Regional Conference will take place in Kampala, Uganda.
October 29 – November 1, 2019
- The International Federation for Educative Communities (FICE) will hold its 34th world congress in Tel Aviv, Israel.
November 7 – 9, 2019
- The Australian Association of Social Workers' Conference will be held in Adelaide on the theme "Challenging Inequality."
June 28 – July 1, 2020
- The Joint World Congress on Social Work Education and Social Development will be hosted by IASSW and ICSW in Rimini, Italy.
July 6 – 8, 2020
- HIV2020 will take place in Mexico City, Mexico.
July 6 – 10, 2020
- The 23rd International AIDS Conference is being planned for San Francisco, California, USA.
November 8 – 12, 2020
- The Health Systems Research Conference will take place in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.