Not yet a member of the Alliance? Learn more and join a network of your peers here.
The Alliance regularly receives updates from members regarding conferences being held by their organization or in their region. Below is a listing of conferences taking place around the world on topics relevant to the social service workforce. To add your conference to this list, please send us information by using this form.
Social Service Workforce Week was celebrated September 24 - 28 under the theme 'A Call to Action for Strengthening the Social Service Workforce to Better Protect Children and Achieve the SDGs." Review the daily blogs, resources and the Call to Action.
October 11 – 13, 2018
- The Philippine Association of Social Workers will host the Asia Pacific Forum on Strengthening of Child Protection Systems in Palawan.
October 14 – 16, 2018
- The World Health Summit will take place in Berlin, Germany.
October 15 – 16, 2018
- The Alliance for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action and the Inter-Agency Network for Education in Emergencies are holding a joint roundtable in Nairobi, Kenya.
October 16 – 19, 2018
- Conference on Innovations in Family Engagement will take place in Vail, Colorado.
October 18 – 19, 2018
- The Latino Social Worker Organization conference will be held in Chicago, Illinois, USA.
October 22, 2018
- The Global Health Mini-U is annually held on the campus of George Washington University in Washington, DC.
November 1 – 3, 2018
- The 6th Indian Social Work Congress will take place at the University of Delhi, India.
November 7, 2018
- The Social Welfare in the Digital Age conference will take place in Jakarta, Indonesia.
November 8 – 11, 2018
- The Council on Social Work Education's 66th annual meeting will take place in Orlando, Florida, USA.
November 19 – 20, 2018
- The annual Ako Para Sa Bata conference in Manila, Philippines, will be held on the theme "INSPIRED: Eight strategies for ending violence against children."
November 22 – 23, 2018
- Nordic Association of Schools of Social Work/FORSA Conference will be held in Helsinki, Finland, on the theme "Power and Social Work."
December 2 – 5, 2018
- The IPSCAN Caribbean Conference on the theme Child Protection Realities within a Changing Caribbean will be held in Montego Bay, Jamaica.
December 3 – 5, 2018
- World Bank Youth Summit 2018: Unleashing the power of human capital will take place in Washington, DC.
December 12 – 14, 2018
- VOICE: Viable and Operatable Ideas for Children's Equality Conference will be held in Bali, Indonesia, by PUSKAPA and CPC Learning Network.
March 19, 2019
- World Social Work Day is celebrated annually on the third Tuesday of March. Dates for events at the United Nations have not yet been announced by the organizers. If your organization will be holding an event, please let us know so we can help to promote. Read about events in 2018 and prior years.
April 24 – 26, 2019
- The National Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect will take place in Washington, DC.
May 1 – 4, 2019
- Savannah, Georgia, USA, will be the site of the 43rd Annual Conference of the National Association of Perinatal Social Workers.
May 7, 2019
- The Global Social Service Workforce Alliance's Annual Symposium will be held in Washington, DC, and live webcast.
May 8 – 10, 2019
- The Christian Alliance for Orphans annual conference will take place in Louisville, Kentucky, USA.
May 29 – June 1, 2019
- The Network for Social Work Management has annouced that their 2019 conference will take place in Chicago, Illinois, USA.
June 5 – 7, 2019
- The 27th European Social Services Conference will be held in Milan, Italy.
June 18 – 19, 2019
- The ISSA Conference has been announced for 2019 to be held in Leiden, the Netherlands.
July 2 – 4, 2019
- The National Association of Child Care Workers 22nd Bi-Annual Conference & 4th CYC Net World Conference will take place in Durban, South Africa.
August 27 – 29, 2019
- The bi-annual REPSSI Forum will take place in Maputo, Mozambique.
September 10 – 12, 2019
- The 3rd International Conference on Case Management will take place in Nottingham, United Kingdom.
September 8 – 11, 2019
- The IFSW Europe Conference will be held in Vienna, Austria, on the theme social protection and human dignity.
September 18 – 20, 2019
- The 25th Annual Asia Pacific Social Work Conference will be held in Bangalore, India, and jointly organized by IFSW and local associations and organizations.
October 29 – 31, 2019
- The International Federation for Educative Communities (FICE) will hold its 34th world congress in Tel Aviv, Israel.
October 24 – 27, 2019
- The Council on Social Work Education's annual meeting will take place in Denver, Colorado, USA.
June 28 – July 1, 2020
- The Joint World Congress on Social Work Education and Social Development will be hosted by IASSW and ICSW in Rimini, Italy.
July 6 – 10, 2020
- The 23rd International AIDS Conference is being planned for San Francisco, California, USA.
November 8 – 12, 2020
- The Health Systems Research Conference will take place in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.