Not yet a member of the Alliance? Learn more and join a network of your peers here.
The Alliance regularly receives updates from members regarding conferences being held by their organization or in their region. Below is a listing of conferences taking place around the world on topics relevant to the social service workforce. To add your conference to this list, please send us information by using this form.
September 18 – 20, 2019
- The 25th Annual Asia Pacific Social Work Conference will be held in Bengaluru, India, and jointly organized by IFSW and local associations and organizations.
October 14 – 15, 2019
- The Alliance for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action annual meeting will take place in Geneva, Switzerland.
October 17 – 18, 2019
- ISS-USA and The University of Maryland School of Social Work will co-host a two-day conference, Beyond Separation: Protecting Cross-Border Families in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
October 21 – 25, 2019
- Social Service Workforce Week 2019 will be celebrated on the topic of how the social service workforce collaborates with other sectors to improve health and well-being for all groups.
October 24 – 27, 2019
- The Council on Social Work Education's annual meeting will take place in Denver, Colorado, USA.
October 25, 2019
- The Irish Association of Social Workers' 7th National Child Protection and Welfare Social Work Conference will take place in Cork, Ireland, on the theme of 'Children Protection and Welfare Social Work Practice: What’s Your Vision?'
October 29 – 31, 2019
- The IFSW Africa Regional Conference will take place in Kampala, Uganda.
October 29 – November 1, 2019
- The International Federation for Educative Communities (FICE) will hold its 34th world congress in Tel Aviv, Israel.
November 5 – 8, 2019
- The Deinstitutionalization of Childcare: Investing in Change conference will take place in Sofia, Bulgaria.
November 7 – 8, 2019
- The Social Work International Conference on the topic "The Place and Role of Social Work in the 2020s and Beyond" will take place in Bucharest, Romania.
November 7 – 9, 2019
- The Australian Association of Social Workers' Conference will be held in Adelaide on the theme "Challenging Inequality."
December 3, 2019
- The Children and Families Across Borders 2019 Annual International Child Protection Lecture will take place in London, United Kingdom. The event coincides with the 30th anniversary of the UNCRC and the Children Act.
June 14 – 17, 2020
- The National Association of Social Workers US Conference will take place in Washington, DC, USA.
June 24 – 27, 2020
- The Work and Family Researchers Network 5th Biennial Conference will be held in New York, New York, USA, on the theme "Advancing Equality at Work and Home: Strengthening Science and Collaboration."
June 25 – 27, 2020
- The 2020 Work and Family Researchers Network Conference under the theme 'Advancing Equality at Work and Home: Strengthening Science and Collaboration' will take place in New York, New York, USA. Submissions open in July 2019 and close November 1, 2019.
June 28 – July 1, 2020
- The Joint World Congress on Social Work Education and Social Development will be hosted by IASSW and ICSW in Rimini, Italy.
July 6 – 8, 2020
- HIV2020 will take place in Mexico City, Mexico.
July 6 – 10, 2020
- The 23rd International AIDS Conference is being planned for San Francisco, California, USA.
July 15 – 18, 2020
- The IFSW International Social Work Conference will be held in Calgary, Canada.
November 8 – 12, 2020
- The Health Systems Research Conference will take place in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.