The theme for Day Three is Preparing future social service leaders: Education and training.
Take a look at today’s blog “Leading the Way to the Future: Preparing Future Social Service Leaders,” written by Dr. Nathan L. Linsk, PhD, Professor of Social Work in Family Medicine, Midwest AIDS Training and Education Center, University of Illinois at Chicago.
The Alliance website contains many resources pertaining to this topic, such as:
- Framework for Supporting the Social Service Workforce that includes a component on developing the workforce
- Resource Library documents on developing the workforce
We are also featuring worker profiles today that shine a spotlight on various tasks and training of different types of workers related to today’s blog. They offer personal reflections on what motivates them to do this challenging work. Please take some time to read these inspiring worker profiles on our website:
- Justin Silas, Social Worker and former Para Social Worker, Tanzania
- Hilaire Kalume Director, DISPE—Directorate of Social Interventions for the Protection of Children— Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
And we invite you to review webinars relevant to today’s theme:
- Webinar: Social Welfare Workforce Training Curricula
- Webinar: Social Work Diploma and Degree Programs
Spread the word on Twitter!
Following are today’s tweets:
Calling all #socialworkers, what does it take to prepare leaders? /social-service-workforce-week-day-three @IASSW-AIETS @AIHAGlobal @NASW #SSWWeek
"Leading the Way to the Future: Preparing Future Social Service Leaders" Today's blog /resources/blog/sswweek-day-three-leading-way-future-preparing-future-social-service-leaders #SSWWeek
“The design of interventions should be done in collaboration with all #socialservice partners.” /sites/default/files/HKworkerprofile.pdf #SSWWeek
From parasocialworker to BSW, Justin paves the way for #socialservice leaders in #Tanzania /sites/default/files/JSworkerprofile.pdf #SSWWeek
Celebrate Day Three of Social Service Workforce Week! Workers’ stories, blogs and more at /social-service-workforce-week #SSWWeek
Become a member of the Global Social Service Workforce Alliance and show your support of #SSWWeek /membership