The theme for Day Two is the SSW at the intersection of policy and practice.
Take a look at today’s blog “It Takes a Team: An example of integrating systems of care for abused children in the Philippines.” The blog provides an overview of how a multidisciplinary team program model in the Philippines bridged policy and practice. It is written by Dr. Bernadette Madrid, Executive Director, Child Protection Unit Network, Philippine General Hospital, University of the Philippines.
We are also featuring worker profiles today that shine a spotlight on various tasks and training of different types of workers throughout Asia. They offer personal reflections on what motivates them to do this challenging work. Please take some time to read these inspiring worker profiles on our website:
- Annaliza Macababbad, Social Worker, Child Protection Unit, Philippine General Hospital
- Rosemarie Abadingo, Social Welfare Assistant, Women and Child Protection Unit inTacloban City, Philippines
- Majida Bashir, Case Care Worker, Protection and Help of Children Against Abuse and Neglect (PAHCHAAN), Pakistan
- Pinh Sokhom, Drug Project Coordinator, Mith Samlanh, Cambodia
- Nov Phalla, Outreach Project Manager, Mith Samlanh, Cambodia
You can view a video of the last two workers here.
And we invite you to review webinars relevant to today’s theme:
- Webinar: Strengthening Social Service Systems through Cross-Sectoral Collaboration: Multidisciplinary teams in communities and local health facilities
- Webinar: Strengthening Social Service Systems through Cross-Sectoral Collaboration: Multi-sectoral coordination at the policy and planning level
Spread the word on Twitter!
Following are today’s tweets:
Rosemarie and other #socialservice workers play a big role in typhoon #haiyan and disaster relief /sites/default/files/AMworkerprofile.pdf #SSWWeek
"The needs of abused children and their families go beyond what one agency can provide." Today's blog for #SSWWeek /resources/blog/sswweek-day-two-blog-it-takes-team-example-integrating-systems-care-abused-children
Celebrate Social Service Workforce Week! Workers’ stories, blogs and more at /social-service-workforce-week-day-two #SSWWeek
#Socialworkers at the intersection of policy and practice - check out their stories /social-service-workforce-week-day-two #SSWWeek
Become a member of the Global Social Service Workforce Alliance and show your support for #SSWWeek http://goo.gl/51fdIl