Social Service Workforce Week 2014
The first Social Service Workforce week was held in April 2014 as a means to raise awareness for the Alliance and garner support from members, organizations and the public around the issue and importance of social service workforce strengthening. A blog and other resources were released each day during the week.
Read the blog posts from each day:
- Day 1: Supporting Families, Building a Better Tomorrow for Children, by Zeni Thumbadoo, Deputy Director, National Association of Child Care Workers, South Africa
- Day 2: It Takes a Team – An example of integrating systems of care for abused children in the Philippines, by Dr. Bernadette Madrid, Executive Director, Child Protection Unit Network, Philippine General Hospital, University of the Philippines
- Day 3: Leading the Way to the Future – Preparing Future Social Service Leaders, by Dr. Nathan L. Linsk, PhD, Professor of Social Work in Family Medicine, Midwest AIDS Training and Education Center, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Day 4: Understand the Workforce –Who are they, what do they do and how can we help them do it better? by Maury Mendenhall, MSW, Senior Technical Advisor, Orphans and Vulnerable Children, US Agency for International Development
- Day 5: Making Sure the Workforce Has the Support it Needs, by Dr. James McCaffery, PhD, Senior Advisor, Training Resources Group and CapacityPlus